WebLogo

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I mentioned this a bit in my last post, and you may have noticed the new menu item at the top of my website.  I'm happy to announce that I now have a Tutorials section.  I love a challenge in my knitting life, so I don't shy away from some possibly unfamiliar techniques in my designs.  Now I'm offering help with some of those techniques right here on my website.  

My first published tutorials were for the lace edgings on Whittingham and Issa's Bloomers, and those were already available on my blog.  But as I was getting ready to publish Resin, I realized I wanted to offer my own tutorial for Judy's Magic Cast on.  Making a batch of tutorials has been on my list for quite awhile, so I took the opportunity to get it done.  



I've used Judy's Magic Cast On for toe-up socks for years, and only doing a little research for the tutorial did I discover that I pretty much do it backwards from how the original is done by Judy Becker.  It comes out the same, but I figured I might as well share my way as well as linking to the one most folks are familiar with.  


I've also added tutorials for how to knit in a hem (useful for Kalaloch, Heartwood, and Estela), and a few helpful techniques for placing pockets - using lifelines and seaming pockets.  I've got a list of other topics that I plan to cover too, so keep an eye out for new additions.

Please let me know what you think of the tutorials, any questions you have, and suggestions for new tutorials.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

RavelryGrayscaleButton2 InstagramGrayscaleButton2 TwitterGrayscaleButton2 PinterestGrayscaleButton2 FacebookGrayscaleButton2 MailGrayscaleButton2
 ©  2007-2012 Andrea