WebLogo

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Penelope Craft Night

On Thursday nights, the folks at Penelope Craft host knit night and I was so excited that part of my stay in Amsterdam fell on a Thursday.

Penelope Craft

I got the chance to knit with some Dutch folks who live in the States and some Americans who live in the Netherlands! Of course their were local folks as well and we all had a great time knitting and enjoying drinks, treats, and conversation.

Stephen West is among the regulars on Thursday nights & the whole group was so fun to knit with!

I loved the diversity of this group and it was really interesting hearing the conversation go from English to Dutch and back again. Not only did we get to hang out knitting, but I also checked out the great yarn slection at Penelope. She's got some things I'm quite familiar with like Tosh and Malabrigo, but it was particularly fun getting to feel wooly wool from Texel (an island north of Amsterdam) and a wide selection of Quince and Co. I haven't ever actually seen Owl before and it's so completely lovely. I adore the color palette too.

Appropriately for Amsterdam, the shop has a bike theme and I loved the sweet yarn bombed bike that sits out front. Don't forget my trunk show and meet & greet at the shop tomorrow, Sunday, June 1 from 13:00-16:00. I'd love to see you all there!
Kerkstraat 117
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland 1017GE
Netherlands
+31 (06) 142 77733

No comments:

Post a Comment

RavelryGrayscaleButton2 InstagramGrayscaleButton2 TwitterGrayscaleButton2 PinterestGrayscaleButton2 FacebookGrayscaleButton2 MailGrayscaleButton2
 ©  2007-2012 Andrea