WebLogo

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Fringe and Friends KAL 2015 FO



I hope you've been following along this year's Fringe and Friends Knit Along! The theme is a Cowichan-inspired super bulky vest and I've really enjoyed being a panelist.

You can check out the whole series here - there's lots of great content on the Cowichan knitting tradition, Japanese knitting patterns, how to knit the pattern, and interesting pattern mods.  (If clicked a link from Fringe, thanks for coming and welcome!)

I recently finished my vest and you can read all about my yarn choice, process, and modifications over on Fringe Association in the Meet the Panel blog post. (My interview about my finished vest will be up on Fringe tomorrow, so I'll update with a link when it goes live.) By far the biggest change I made to the pattern was obviously the color patterns. I chose a classic Greek Key motif for the smaller sections and improvised a large starburst pattern for my main motif. 

I've been asked a few times if I would share my charts, so here they are! Feel free to download the images and use the charts as you wish. I'd love to see what you end up making, so tag on me on Instagram (@andrearknits) or send me a Rav message with your creations!


 

I've also created some videos showing my method for catching floats every other stitch, which will also be helpful if you're knitting Tokul. (Videos 1, 2, 3, and 4.)

In related news, for those of you who love color work, I've got a very exciting announcement coming up soon. Sign up for my email newsletter to be the first to hear (and I may even offer a flash sale coupon just to subscribers!)

And just in case you missed it, I'm teaching a class on my Tokul vest at Tolt Yarn and Wool on November 8. (That's the same weekend as their anniversary celebration!) I'd love to see you there, so call the shop to sign up. (425) 333-4066

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Can I ask a quick question? Looks like you knitted the collar fronts as per the pattern while not knitting the button bands until later ~ am I seeing that right? I just finished my back and am copying your method as far as the arm bindings go. I want to get my head around the plan for the fronts before I cast them on. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your question! I actually knit the vest pieces (fronts and back) without any trim first. Then I seamed them up and worked the front bands. After that, I picked up stitches along the top of the front bands to start off my front collar flaps, and worked the collar flaps by picking up stitches along the front V-necks, then worked the back and joined with the live front flaps stitches as I went. And I finished up with the armhole bands.

      Delete

RavelryGrayscaleButton2 InstagramGrayscaleButton2 TwitterGrayscaleButton2 PinterestGrayscaleButton2 FacebookGrayscaleButton2 MailGrayscaleButton2
 ©  2007-2012 Andrea